PlantHaven’s ‘Fanfare Citronella’ has unique, yellow pinwheel flowers that are great for picking. ‘Fanfare Citronella’ is also drought tolerant and blooms non-stop in California. This variety fits well in pots and containers, garden borders, modern landscapes and as a long-lasting cut flower.
Top three tips for finishing success
- Grow outside in a moderate to full sun location.
- Use a fast draining medium. Water thoroughly (drench) and allow to dry slightly between waterings.
- Use 72 to 128 plugs.
- Production temperature: 65 to 72°F (18 to 22°C)
- Facility: Outside
- Light levels: Moderate to full sun
- pH: 5.5 to 6.2
- Potting medium: Fast-draining commercial medium
- Fertilizer: Osmocote 12 to 14 month release
- Irrigation requirement: Water thoroughly (drench) and allow to dry slightly between waterings.
- Trimming/pinching: Trim at potting.
- Vernalization: Not necessary
- Additional comments: High feed will encourage continued blooming and good foliage color.
- Pests & disease: Spray with fungicides, especially during cool, wet or high humidity periods.
- Finishing time (in weeks): 1 quart: 6 to 8 weeks; 1 gallon: 12 to 14 weeks