The 2014 Michigan Garden Plant Tour kicked off July 28 and concludes August 8. The tour includes eight stops peppered across the state of Michigan, ranging from Monroe in the east to Grand Rapids in the west. Each stop features an array of plants being trialed or displayed in the Michigan climate. A bevy of new varieties are on display.
Editors from Greenhouse Management, Nursery Management, and Garden Center magazines recently visited each of the stops and came back with a plethora of video content to share. Check out their dispatches below:
- Welcome to Michigan,
- Water smart (Four Star Greenhouse),
- Petunias in a basket (C. Raker and Sons),
- Start them young (C. Raker and Sons),
- Star struck (Four Star Greenhouse), and
- Backyard with a view(Four Star Greenhouse).
- Consistency king (Spring Meadow Nursery),
- Buckets of confetti (Mast Young Plants),
- Vivid la resistance! (Pell Greenhouses),
- Spotlight on the South (Spring Meadow Nursery),
- Beat the heat (Pell Greenhouses), and
- Field of Dahlias (Mast Young Plants).
- Drive-thru plant tour (Walters Gardens),
- Plant by plant, brick by brick (Michigan State University),
- The finishing touch (Walters Gardens),
- For the kids (Michigan State University),
- Trial by the public (Michigan State University), and
- Wrapping it up.
For more information on the Michigan Garden Plant Tour, visit the website.
For more information about each stop, visit the location's website: