See the latest poinsettia varieties evaluated in the National Poinsettia Trials, along with UF IFAS Environmental Horticulture Dept. research including heat delay, controlled environment production, and breeding.
Location: UF Research Greenhouse Complex, 2475 Memorial Road, Gainesville, FL 32611
Date: Dec. 4. 2018
- 9.00 Registration and greenhouse walk-through
- 9.30 Welcome and introductions
- 9.45 to 11.00 Poinsettia cultivar trials (George Grant, UF)
- 11.00 Research presentations from the UF IFAS Environmental Horticulture Dept.
- 12.00 Lunch BBQ lunch (includes vegetarian options) sponsored by:
- 1.00 to 2.30 Poinsettia pest management recap by Lee Bloomcamp, Syngenta.
Commercial breeder and grower presentations by Beekenkamp, Dummen Orange, Selecta/Ball, Syngenta, and American Farms. Registration is $60 online registration at tinyurl.com/2018UFPoinsettia, $70 at the door. For more information, email email@example.com
There are no plants for sale at the Poinsettia Industry Trials on Dec. 4. The Poinsettia Show and Sale for Master Gardeners and the public will be held on Dec. 6 and 7.