Danziger, in a statement attributed to marketing manager Mike Fernandez, announced that it won't be participating in CAST 2021, scheduled for the summer. The statement reads as follows:
"The 2020 season has brought many challenges and opportunities for all of us. We have learned much this past year and most importantly, continued to change how we communicate with our customers so they are comfortable and safe. As we greet 2021, we know a “new normal” will continue to include an increased focus on using digital platforms to reach our business partners.
After much discussion, both internally and with our customers, we have decided to rework the way that we bring Danziger new introductions to market. Looking at our processes through the customers’ eyes, keeping in mind that we need to come to market in a safe and efficient manner, we have decided that we will not participate in CAST moving forward. The main reason we are making this change is that neither April nor June are an opportune time for growers and broker partners. We at Danziger are committed to having a convenient and stable introduction process. This includes moving up our introduction timeline several months. This will allow growers to order trials of new intros in time to evaluate and make decisions during the regular growing season.
Here is the revised timeline for Danziger’s new introductions:
- We will continue to be active and dedicated to all retail sponsored trials and meetings.
- In addition to the live NovemberFest event at our R&D facilities in Israel, introductions of next year’s varieties will be presented virtually via one-on-one meetings, similar to this past year. Danziger will be scheduling meetings in October through December, allowing our business partners more flexibility and a broader timeline to meet. With this timeframe, customers can gather knowledge of new products and receive trials for finishing the following spring.
- Virtual follow up meetings will also be available in March/April to view any late additions and review products. Danziger will be finishing plants in the spring which allows us to film a series of videos that will be made available through our marketing efforts to be viewed at the convenience of the customer.
- Danziger will continue to participate in public and private trials throughout NA as they are a valuable tool for evaluating Danziger genetics in each region.
- Danziger will host an open house event at our R&D facility in Michigan to view new and future varieties. This event takes place in July and August to coincide with the Michigan Garden tour.
We feel this new process will bring us closer to our existing and future customers through increased consideration for how they want to do business, more targeted and personalized meetings, and improved efficiencies for all involved."