Monrovia, has announced that Ted McDonald has joined the company as vice president of sales. A nursery industry veteran, McDonald brings a wealth of sales, operations and leadership experience to Monrovia, most recently working with BioWorks Inc., a leading biological plant health company.
“Ted has the industry knowledge, drive and expertise to lead the team forward,” said Jonathan Pedersen, president and CEO of Monrovia. “I know he will be a great addition to our sales management and executive leadership teams. His skills in developing relationships and achieving results will be a big asset as we continue to build the best nursery.”
As vice president of sales, McDonald will manage the entire Monrovia sales team serving retailers across the country, including independent garden centers and Lowe’s. Previously, he has been the VP of sales and marketing for BioWorks and sales manager for Bailey Nurseries. In those roles, McDonald was responsible for leading strategy and sales growth. His work at other nurseries included responsibilities for inventory management of packaged hard goods and logistics.
“I’m looking forward to helping support the strongest sales team in the nursery industry,” said McDonald. “Working with Monrovia as the company looks toward its 100th year anniversary is both exciting and humbling.”
McDonald will start his new role on Nov. 14.
Latest from Greenhouse Management
- UF/IFAS scientists grow quality caladium varieties
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- CAST preview: Breeding In Tune with Nature
- CANERS student scholarship applications now open
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- Svensson and AGCULTURE enter global partnership
- National Wildlife Federation announces Shubber Ali as Garden for Wildlife, Inc. CEO
- Berger celebrates 60th anniversary